- Ascension Sunday – Sunday, May 28th
- Day of Pentecost & Our Church Birthday Bash – Sunday, June 4th
- Game Night for Kids Only! – June 14th 6:00 p.m. in the TreeHouse
- Youth Mission Trip – Sunday, June 18th – Friday, June 23rd
- Church Wide Talent Night – June 28th 6:00 p.m. in the FLC
- Church Wide Summer Movie Night – July 12th 6:00 p.m. in the FLC
- Vacation Bible School – Monday, July 24th – Friday, July 28th from 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Wednesday Night Dinner will be served on May 24th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center. The menu includes: Shepherd’s Pie, Salad, Bread and Dessert. Cost is $8.00 for adults & $3.00 for children. Make your reservations by calling the church office.
SUMMER SCHEDULE FOR CHILDREN & FAMILY MINISTRY
- June 14th: Game Night for Kids Only! 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the TreeHouse.
- June 28th: Church-Wide Talent Night! 6:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center following dinner. Sign up for Talent Night with Shannon @email@example.com or Nancy in the Front Office. (Donations of small sized Sunscreen for our Tuesday Morning folks for admission).
- July 12th: Church-Wide Summer Movie Night! Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and join us in the AIR CONDITIONING in the Family Life Center for a Family Movie! We will have popcorn and snacks just like a real theater! (Donations of craft glue sticks for our Wyomina Park Elementary School friends.)
- July 24th – 28th: Vacation Bible School 8:45 a.m. to Noon.
Vacation Bible School – Please help! Children’s Ministry needs the following items donated for Vacation Bible School: 1/2 liter empty water bottles (we need over 400 of them); Plastic rectangular table clothes in primary colors (red, blue, green, yellow); Yellow Post-it notes 3×3; Neon colored Post-it notes 3×3.
JOIN THE SUMMER CHOIR – Open to ALL! No experience necessary! No commitment necessary!
Beginning Sunday, June 11th, the Summer Choir will be singing at the 11:00 a.m. service. Please consider joining us whatever weeks you can! All you have to do is show up for rehearsal at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings in the Choir Room below the Sanctuary. NO mid-week rehearsals! Come sing any Sunday when you come to worship! If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Jeff Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-622-3244. We hope to see you soon!
The Bicycle Ministry needs your help. They are in need of adult bike donations to help serve the Tuesday Morning Outreach Program.
- Our current situation:
- Our current bikes on-hand is 19
- We typically award 4 or 5 bikes each week
- Our recent bike donations have dropped to about 2 per week
- Our priorities for awarding bikes is to those who:
- Need a bike to get to work
- Need a bike to find a job & then get to work
- Need a bike for regular weekly doctor appointments
- Have difficulty walking, but can ride a bike
- How we are impacting since September 2014:
- We have taken in over 600 bikes
- Our team repairs them and gets them ready to ride
- We have awarded 532 bikes
- About 10% of donations get scrapped for parts
Anyone that has an Adult bike that they would like to put to a good use, we would appreciate the donation (we don’t take kid’s bikes). If the condition is poor please donate it anyway. We have a 90% save rate on donated bikes. Bikes can be dropped at the church on Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. to noon.
We have had people tell us the bike has changed their life. Thank you for your help!
Stephen McCready Scholarship. This is an interest free loan to be repaid after graduation (or forgiven after years of full-time ministry-related service). First priority for this loan shall be given to applicants who are members of First Church. Applications are due in the Church Office by June 1, 2017 and new applications must be submitted for each year of assistance. Contact Rhonda Mack at work (237-2164) or home (867-0892).
Softball – It’s that time of year again…time to PLAY BALL! Are you interested in joining the church’s Co-ed Softball Team? We are recruiting players this month. Games are expected to start in June. Please contact Erica Spradling for more information at 352-216-4881 or email@example.com.